- Parmigiano Reggiano White Gold is known as “The King of Cheese”! Produced in the village of Traversetolese, outside Parma, Italy. This small dairy has a limited production of only 19,000 wheels per year – each wheel stamped by the town’s symbol, a winged goddess.
- The cheese presents a beautiful cream-colored interior, which earned it its nickname “white gold”. It’s flavor is more subtle than most Parmigiano cheese – nutty, and significantly less salty. This partly due to the cow’s feed, as they gorge on rich and silky flax seed as part of their diet.
- This elegant gift pack contains a 1 LB. hunk of White Gold Reggiano along with a cheese grater. Truly the perfect host/hostess gift or holiday present.
- Parmigiano-Reggiano is one of the most versatile cheeses to pair with wine. It can handle white or red, sparkling or still.
- One of the best ways to serve Parmigiano-Reggiano is as the star of a simple appetizer. It works well with sliced pears and toasted hazelnuts, dates and walnuts, or crunchy celery hearts drizzled with good olive oil. A few drops of authentic aged balsamic vinegar can enhance Parmigiano-Reggiano’s flavors without overwhelming them.